Wednesday 14 March 2012

5x4 Portraits

After having the chance to work with the 5x4 camera a few weeks ago and the recent workshop with John Myers, it left me wanting to take more portraits.

It seemed the perfect answer to how I could capture some of the builders portraits over at St. George's Park. Alongside the pop up photographs I have already captured, I still had an urge to photograph some of the builders in more detail.

I will be hoping to get in the darkroom over the next week to process these but for now have scanned them in. I'm really pleased with how they have come out and glad that the background, a freshly plastered wall worked in the way that I hoped it would by creating a multi tonal wash of colour. 

Looking back I can see how much more organized I was working with the 5x4. Not working slowly but knowing how many films I had, shooting them and then leaving. I think its something all photographers do when we are photographing, we get the shots we want and then hang around, just in case, or in search of another photo and another. I much prefer knowing the shots I want to get and focusing on getting them as best I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment