Thursday 17 February 2011


I was lucky enough to get to speak to Lorna from Rhubarb Rhubarb today and receive some valuable feedback which I will certainly take onboard when considering things coming up such as Freerange. I received feedback about my work that I had not heard before which was interesting and it was great to be told straight the sort of things I should be doing, working on and thinking about in corrolation to where my work is at.

After seeing my Halloween photographs she told me about a very interesting photographer, Vee Speers. Vee's "Happy Birthday" work is stunningly dark and creepy. So after getting home and looking at this work I have been thinking about what I should do with my work. Vee's happy birthday photographs are a collection which make sence and tell you things, they are interesing and flow together, where as my halloween photographs are a trio and sit in my portfolio not saying a great deal. My work is a synopsis, her work is a novel, and this is the same for all of my work at the moment.

After today I believe I have a much stronger understanding of my work and know which projects I should run with and go deeper into the subject matter.




www.veespeers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment