Monday 28 February 2011

Illustrator

Seems I have forgotten to express my latest obsession - Illustration.

When Jon Burgerman came in to the college to talk through his work in 2010 I was fascinated by him and his art. Years previously I had seen an exhibition of his and loved it but not until I heard him talk did I really understand. Recently I have had an assignment in which I have learnt the basic techniques of drawing lines and shapes within illustrator, which i have long wished to know how to do but previously failed miserably.

I have subtly tried to experiment in the past with adding a graphical element to my photography and think that the introduction to illustration coupled with the latest assignment of designing a class produced zine are going to not only improve my photographic work but increase my ever growing interest in working between intersecting fields of media. These are the sort of additional skills I was hoping to inherit by choosing this course over others.

I already have ideas

but for now, these are my first attempts at creating some minimalist movie poster designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment