Thursday 14 June 2012

Ready steady exhibit

Yesterday was dedicated to getting the exhibition piece printed!

Hayman graphics in Nottingham were such a great help. They not only gave me a great price on the print but even though they were busy preparing work for many other students they managed to get my print ready for me in a few hours. The print looks great, from what I can see, trying to keep it wrapped up until it's installed on Monday.

Having to wait around for a while meant I got chance to check out the current exhibition at Nottingham contemporary by Mika Rottenberg. I had not seen her work before and still don't think I have got my head around it. I didn't have a great amount of time to spend watching all of the films but the whole time I was there I felt like I was in a bizarre dream, or trapped inside of a weird film where humans sneeze rabbits and scary things happen in cabbage fields...I'm going to have to research and find out what that's all about!


Mika Rottenberg currently at Nottingham Contemporary

Back to the exhibition, everything is ready for the opening night on 18th June. All I need to do is figure out why the quality of my photofilm decreases when I export it, and then I can get it up on YouTube. 


No comments:

Post a Comment