Wednesday 6 July 2011

It's been a little while since I posted anything semi interesting. I'm still struggling with this social networking malarkey.


However things have been productive. New blood was last weekend, time on the stand was a little interesting but I got a lot out of the few days I was there. 


Certainly have ideas with next years final show in mind. 


The work displayed at the show was a little over whelming. I've always been drawn to books, particularly artist books. Here I was surrounded by them. The attention to detail, the clever ideas, the simple but effective touches that seemed so polished in everyone's work at new blood was inspiring, if not a little scary. Needed to keep reminding myself these students are third years. So it has to be said I spent most of my time talking to people about their work, stealing as many promo books as I could before retreating back to the hotel in a muddle of inspiration.


I was lucky to have been chosen as a student rep, a part of the networking and to receive a portfolio review. It meant that I got to have a really good study of the work before anyone else and look at the stands. Judging the best work was not easy but to pick a good stand display, it was clear when a stand was working.

All in all I got out of the event all that I could. The review with Tim from Making Pictures was the push that I needed. I know what I need to do, I think I know how to achieve it. Now begins the challenge of finding time and not being distracted. I have a few projects that need to be tied up first, one I'm hoping will link in with this.

I will divulge at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment