Saturday 1 October 2011

Capturing Kate

Fashion Photography

Not my strong point. It's going to be interesting being put out side of my comfort zone for this new assignment set by Julien. To create a fashion photograph that is clearly inspired by an iconic fashion image.

The assignment needs to be planned and completed in just over 2 weeks and yesterday I was given a few hours to create a photograph inspired by a well known artist to give a better insight into what I need to take into consideration for the final photograph.

I knew exactly what I was going to do before going into the studio, that scared me a little, it wouldn't be this simple, surely. No it wasn't, looking at the photos on the computer I had not taken inspiration from Avedon I had simply copied it. Stark white background, high contrast image. 

There is a fine line between taking inspiration and just copying what a photographer does. 

Looking at the other photographs I had taken I began to be lead more by personal preference...I have some research to do!





 The final photograph presented to the class.



No comments:

Post a Comment