Wednesday 5 October 2011

Food Glorious Food


During a chat with Lance the other week he was telling me about a cook book that IKEA have produced called Homemade is best. Carl Kleiner is the photographer who created these amazing pieces of work.




While working on food photography skills I decided to try out this style of image. This is a real game of patience and a steady hand. The camera was set up on a tripod above the A4 size space I was working with, one mistake with any of the ingredients and you need to start the whole process again!

I tried to work out which ingredient would effect the paper the most, so as to put that on last. Working with cream, butter and blackberry juice was not as easy as Kleiner makes it look.

To make this better it would be more ideal to work on coloured perspex so that mistakes could be wiped up. Plus spacing and precision can be better executed. 

An infectious process, I want to try more.




The food photography that I was working on at the time also went well except I'd like to do some more shoots with a reflector to try and eliminate the shadows that appear in some of the photographs. Thankfully I don't think they effect this shoot too bad but I would like to work on manipulating natural light.









No comments:

Post a Comment