Sunday 9 October 2011


It has been a long time since I have been this frustrated with myself and my camera.

I had four shoots in mind over this weekend and non of them have gone to plan. This is possibly because the shoots themselves were just tests for a bigger idea. Still, it is very frustrating because I now need to find time to do them over the coming week, by which point I will possibly have more on the to do list.

My idea yesterday was to go out with the camera simply for fun and to accumulate some ideas. I very rarely take my camera out to aimlessly photograph things and I think this is why I found myself getting frustrated. I got home and didn't feel like I had anything, I didn't have a single photograph I liked.

Today I had some time and had a subject matter in mind. Drove to the location and within 10 minutes I was back in the car and driving home. I couldn't even bring myself to get the camera out of my bag.

I wonder if other photographers have this problem? It really dents your confidence when it happens, I imagine it to be like the photographers version of writers block.

Think I will be writing this weekend off as a lesson learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment