Wednesday 3 November 2010

Portfolio

The last few weeks I have been writing down ideas to update my portfolio.
Over the last few months I have been creating new work and thought it would be beneficial to keep my portfolio up to date, especially with the number of opportunities that are coming up.

I looked at the portfolio I have currently which is an A3 prat book but I feel I need something a little different.

So I thought about a few options, creating a smaller portfolio, creating a book or using digital format to present my work, like a CD or USB stick.

The reason I am unsure about my current portfolio is because when I have showed people my portfolio in the past they have been turning pages backwards and forwards and then going back to talk about something else and then having to turn pages to get back to where they were which can be awkward to keep up. I also feel that most people on the Foundation Degree course seem to have the same style of portfolio. It looks like we have been told to present our work in this way and I feel that you have to deliver your work in a way that it will be shown to its best ability.

I really like the idea of creating some loose prints in a box. This way they can be handled separately and spread out, a good point for this is that if there is something in particular that I want to talk about I can get straight to the point instead of having to interrupt the viewer as they are turning the page.

As for Cd's and USB sticks, these would be good to produce as something that could be left behind to remind people of the work. I am currently in the early stages of experimenting with making a DVD of my work.

People have different preferences when it comes to viewing work, but I think anyone within the creative industry would always enjoy being able to hold and view a print.

No comments:

Post a Comment