Tuesday 23 November 2010

Tutorial

I have just got back from my first tutorial and its surprising how buried into work you get without noticing. I feel like I have not stopped for a second to breathe in the last few weeks, however I feel a little more alive now.

This last few weeks I have been feeling like I've been working every minute of the day and not getting any closer to getting anything completed. My to do list just seemed to be getting longer and longer and no work was being fully completed.
This resulted in me not being able to come up with any ideas for the assignments that were being given to me leading me to feeling even more behind.
After speaking to the tutors today about ideas and what they think, I feel like that pressure has been switched off a little. I try too hard sometimes to be something else when all I need to do, is do what I do.

I know that I think a lot about my work and it takes time to develop my ideas fully but I feel that with longer time to think about my ideas it gives me time to connect with them and understand them more.

It's cleared my mind and I can see things that I can do this week that can really progress my work flow.
It helps to get a boost of confidence from your tutors and although I was possibly looking disinterested at the time I'm hugely grateful to be able to stop, think and talk things through with them.

Things seem so difficult in your head, and then so simple when you talk them through.

My aims after returning from the Christmas break are to get myself organised so that I don't find myself working every hour of the day. I will never get away from staring into space, thinking about my work but to be able to get away from the desk for a few hours would be nice.
I struggle with the written work but I know I can do it, its about setting personal deadlines to have specific work done so that I'm not overloading my brain trying to do bits of different assignments all at the same time.

In future I wont leave it so long to talk to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment