Tuesday 23 November 2010

Printspace

It was very useful to go down to Printspace in London today. I have ordered prints from them before which I have been happy with. What I like about them is the quality of the prints are amazing, the choice of paper and prints types you have to choose from is amazing and the fact that you can place an order and it be with you the next morning is a huge convenience.

There prints are well priced, not the cheapest option but it's clear after being to visit there lab that they take great pride in the work they do.
You can be sure that prints will come back at the highest standard and when I have received prints from them in the past I have sometimes received 2 copies, due to one being a misprint in someway (not that I can ever see a mistake!)

Dave from Printspace was kind enough to go through the variety of papers and optioned for mounting and printing. A little overwhelming the amount of choice they have on offer. However I think it depends strongly on the photograph.

While in London I also learnt about colour correction which has really made me consider how I go about the post production process of my work. I never realized how much a photographs appearance can change from screen to print.

In the afternoon Frede Spencer from Twentytwenty agency came to join us and delivered a brief. The brief is to photograph an advert for a company that is one of the main sponsors of the 2012 Olympics.

It is a great opportunity to get to receive feedback and the insight from Frede, he works in the creative business everyday and the knowledge he has in invaluable.



No comments:

Post a Comment