Tuesday 23 November 2010

A rethink about Connections and the Olympic Advert

After the talk with my tutors I have a better feeling about my connections and Olympic work.

I know that I should have already produced some photos or some sort for the connections assignment by now but like I said in the previous post I have been making things harder for myself, instead of doing what I normally do.
As a result I now have to work on both connections and the Olympic shoot at the same time.
However I do now have ideas and feel more confident about getting them done.

For connections, we talked about the book I produced last month about Shane, How that would be the perfect example for connections. I could expand on that idea, possibly create another book. The Shane book was photographed in one day and produced the next. It's the finding of people and the organising that takes the longest time.

I may not be able to find anyone else that was on that course with me, but it will more likely be possible to find the team leader who helped us through the course. If she is still there, she would be happy to sit for a photograph. I'm currently writing a letter to her, I plan to drive over to the centre tomorrow, and if I miss her, I will leave the letter.
Until tomorrow, I want to think about how I want to take her portrait and what I want it to say. I would like to be able to justify why I have taken the photograph in a particular way.

For Olympics brief I now have two ideas. One being inspired by Daniel Stier's scientific experimental work. I would like to look at the scientific side of sport. Of course I don't want to take work that is identical to Daniels but after speaking to my tutors there could be a chance to photograph at Loughborough university, a hub of British sport education and science.
I wont know what I'm photographing until I'm there. I would have to think on my feet and photograph what I see is interesting.
I am going to think less about the the branding and slogan for now. I want to capture photographs that have a strong interest and then tie them with a brand which will transform them into a complete package.
Of course I would not be able to do this if I had been set a specific brand but as this assignment is a little more open I feel it is acceptable.

The other idea for the Olympic brief is to photograph empty spaces, spaces that could, by kids be transformed into athletic areas, such as goal posts, hurdles etc. I'd like to do something with these photographs to make them a little different, possibly add a different concept to it, add items.

No comments:

Post a Comment