Tuesday 8 November 2011

Fleeting Moment

The fleeting moment brief had been in the back of my mind for a while, I was conscious that the deadline for the internal competition is drawing closer. Ideas were sparse so I was grateful when I found out that we were working on producing ideas for this today through a day assignment.

Starting this with words, being asked to write down my experience travelling into college seemed like a strange thing to do. To then turn this into a Haiku and set out to take a photograph that described what I had written seemed all the more bizarre...until I read the brief again.

My morning pretty much revolved around running late and therefor being challenged by every red light and slow driver on the way into college, adding to my frustration of not having any money for the car park resulting in a power walk to class.

I set out thinking too literal to the story of my morning, thinking about photographing someone through a car window screen or something that was mentioned within my writing. 

These photos did not conjure up thoughts of a fleeting moment. Had I just gone out to photograph without the text I would not be thinking about road users and traffic.

Are fleeting moments not just natural occurrences that pass by as quickly as they arrive? A moment in everyday life that is a second of exceptional beauty often gone un-noticed.








Completing this assignment has given a better understanding and helping to generate ideas. I would not say the photographs I took describe my morning, possibly the chaos and the rushing, but I think the images are interesting and could be built on.

No comments:

Post a Comment