Tuesday 15 November 2011

Wildlife Photographer of the year 2011

                                         


The wildlife photographer of the year 2011 exhibition was held at the National history museum.   
These are a selection of a few of the photographs I found interesting from the exhibition. As usual I am drawn to the clean, graphic style images.
I was astounded by the level of quality in the work from the under 10 category, so much so that I questioned why I was attempting to get my work into the world of photography when there are people younger than 10 producing such incredible work.

 





                                                             





What I have noticed looking up these photographs after viewing the exhibition, is that the way they were displayed. This significantly added to the aesthetics of the images. Each image was printed A0 and back lit. This made the colours really punchy, gave a boost to the contrasts and helped to show the sharpness in the photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment