Wednesday 16 November 2011

Serpentine and V&A.


At the Serpentine Gallery yesterday was a show by Anri Sala. The exhibition lead you round in a circle in which you viewed a drum beating by the vibrations from the film in another room. This trend of linking the work together throughout the gallery continues with a film that is being played called Le Clash 2010 in which the song "should I stay or should i go now" by The Clash is played in various ways, over layed upon one another. This links with a music box which plays the same tune and invites people to play the music to add to the disjointed layers from the film.

It was an interesting exhibition but I did not feel motivated or inspired by the work.

Later in the day at the V&A I viewed the Power of Making exhibition which reminded me of a television programme i find interesting called "How it's made" my geeky pleasure. I have always been interested in the process of making and creating so I was looking forward to this exhibition.

It ranged from the amazing pieces of machine embroidered snowflake by Ellis Developments which is actually a surgical implant that aids the replacement of lost tissue by providing multipule attachment points.



To Elisa Strozyk's wooden carpet textiles.

To the bizarre, baby cake. Which conjours up so many questions in my head! Is there a trend of people that ask for cakes to be made to look like their babies? and if so, can they really take a knife to it and eat it? 




No comments:

Post a Comment