Thursday 10 November 2011

Queens Hospital cafe photos

I was given a couple of hours to produce some food orientated photography suitable for display within the Queen Hospital cafe.I wanted the photos to be fresh and bright yet still visually interesting.
After quickly thinking up a couple of ideas and gathering items together I started shooting straight away.

I began here, arranging and rearranging the grapes and crackers. I was liking the photographs that I was creating but I couldn't help but think they would look a little out of place in a hospital cafe. These images would be more suited for a food magazine rather than a cafe wall, the hospital would benefit from bright colourful phtoography.

Which is when I moved onto the fruit. Keeping these simple was key, I liked the split colour background that was appearing in the first shoot and decided to stick with this trying to match up the other colour to one similar to that of the fruit.
One of the reasons why this is such a quick turn around is because the photographs need to be ready the following day to be given to fine art student who will then overlay sketches, typography etc.

An interesting quick assignment that I would have liked to have had more time on.

No comments:

Post a Comment